26 January 2010

ciao means goodbye also



My 4 month Eurotown adventure has officially come to an end. I was excited to be back in my homeland of delicious Mexican food, friendly people, and a language I actually understood, however, after settling into my old American lifestyle once again, I began to realize how much I missed Italy. The weekend adventures to new places, the days and nights spent with good friends, and every memory associated with nearly every day that passed. Everyday was an adventure. I feel like I made the most of it though. Knowing the last weeks were closing in behind me, I took advantage of every opportunity to go to the places that I didn't get to see and doing the things I didn't get to do. And it ended up being the most surprising last couple weeks I could have imagined. Just comes to show that some of the best things come when you least expect them to.

Looking back on the whole experience, it seems like a lifetime worth of memories. Almost dreamlike. Each day that passes I wish I was back sipping on macchiattos, eating margarita pizza, and roaming the European lands with friends. It's hard to put into a short paragraph, even into words how amazing of an experience it was. I come back to America with a new world knowledge and a noggin filled with memories as small as watching Matt bargain in the market and as big as flying thousands of miles to see different countries. It was truly the experience of a lifetime that I'm so thankful I had the chance to have. Until next time Europe... Whenever that may be. I'll miss you for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment