07 September 2009

ciao. parli inglese?



After staying up for 32 hours straight, I finally made it to Italy. What an interesting experience trying to talk to people who don't speak english... Or trying to talk to people when I don't speak Italian. So far I've learned how to say hello, goodbye, good day, I don't understand, do you speak english, and some other nifty phrases. I try to speak Italian thinking people would appreciate me at least trying, but on occasion I'll get an english response "why are you going to speak Italian if you don't understand my response". I cooked for the first time, which came out as more of a plate of moosh rather than delicious noodles. But everything tastes better when you've had a bit of wine right? This weekend I went to the Cinque Terre and Portofino which were awesome. Hopefully the train stations won't be on strike anymore so I can go to the Italian grand prix. I tried to post pictures but they weren't working. let me try again

1 comment: