13 September 2009

Fiorentina


Photocredit: Matt Garbutt

Started the day by going to a cafe to get an espresso and a water which should have cost 2 euros at the most. Turns out they charge a ridiculous fee to sit down and drink your espresso. Total came out to 5 euros. Then after hanging around for a bit, Matt and I went to the see the Fiorentina soccer game, complete with Fiorentina soccer jerseys. That was funny cause people would yell at us on the streets and cheer as they passed in their cars. When we got they stopped me and told me I couldn't bring in my camera and had to check it in into a white van that had a check in sign taped to it. I had my doubts if I'd ever see my camera again. But it ended up being fine because it began pouring rain halfway through. And luckily Matt was able to get his camera in so this picture is Matts. The game was funny though. We had good seats, which were, unfortunately, not where the huge fan crowd was. Italians are crazy about soccer though. Cheer and yell at the opposing team and chant every chance they get. As much as I tried I couldn't keep up with the chants, but I can yell in English pretty well. Also I'm starting to miss mexican food really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment