28 September 2009

Pisa Party




I haven't updated my blog in awhile partially because I've been sick and partially because I've been too lazy to photoshop my pictures. My lack of motivation probably stems from me being sick so I'll blame it on that. I'll start my adventures of last week starting friday. Friday I woke up to a text message saying "corey! come to pisa!" Sounds good to me. I woke up Matt and asked him if he wanted to come with me to pisa and he had nothing planned either so he came with me. On our way out the door we ran into the girls who live below us and they said they were going to pisa too. Pisa party. We left for the train station, got our tickets, and jumped on the train just as it was about to leave. Pretty soon Matt and I learned that we have to validate our tickets before we get on the train. The ticket checker was pretty cute though (although she wasn't the nicest person) so Matt and I tried talking her out of giving us a 5 euro fine for not having validated tickets. Needless to say it didn't work and she fined us anyways. Our charming smiles didn't work. We got to pisa and gave our best guess to where our destination was. Without having to ask we made it and it seemed to be in such a random area. It was really cool though. We took pictures of the cathedral, the tower, and the baptistery, then had lunch in this little cafe. We bought tickets to go in the cathedral and just before going in the battery on my camera died. perfect. It was incredible inside though. Huge gold ceilings, paintings dating back to the 13oo's, tombs, a silver plated skull, and such detailed marble sculptures everywhere. It's pretty cool going to my art history class and learning about greek and roman architecture and being like " oh I was there last weekend" or "that place is right by my apartment". No big deal. I just found out I'm a 5 minute walk from the real statue of david. Just another day in Italy.


No comments:

Post a Comment