16 September 2009

Umbrellas are for dreamers.







My weeks are so eventful it's really hard to think of what I did the last couple days. They seem so long ago. Monday I went to my classes which in the middle of started to pour rain and lightning. Luckily by the time I got out of my 6 hours of class it was a slight drizzle. Then it was time to head to the wine club, which on the way of our ten minute walk, started to pour rain again. Kelley was nice enough to share her umbrella, but I still looked like I decided to take a bath in my clothes. This is when I decided I should invest in an umbrella, which I did the next day. We learned about red wines and drank a couple different kinds and ate food. It was good. Tuesday I had class, went to the baptistery next to the duomo which was built in the 5th century. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but it was so spectacular that I had to go back the next day and pay 4 euros. But it was so worth it. I also went into the duomo which was also amazing. However the lighting was dim so I had to use the floor and my umbrella to prop up my camera so my pictures didn't come out blurry. I miss my tripod. On tuesday Matt and I signed up for Oktoberfest. Fun. Then we went to this sandwich shop where they had really good sandwiches and french fries. I missed french fries. They also made fun of us asking for ranch and the guy almost seemed offended when we told him how good pizza and ranch are together. Then later that night after my cooking class, we went to this restaurant where they were going to have a Mexican chef cooking Mexican food. I missed Mexican food too. Unfortunately the Mexican food was just rice and beans and some meat. No tacos? Some Mexican girls and a Columbian girl in my cooking class were telling me about this good Mexican restaurant though so maybe I'll try that soon. Anyways, today I decided that the photography club was overrated so I decided to switch into the soccer club with my roommates. Best decision ever. We played soccer tonight on a tiny wet field with no rules and a crammed field. We had a ball (no pun intended?)

No comments:

Post a Comment