11 September 2009

Dora the explorer










I'm writing about this a week late but I feel it's blog worthy. This last weekend I went on a school trip to Portofino and the Cinque Terre. It was fantastico (thats fantastic in Italian). After a long bus ride down a windy and extremely skinny road we went to this little fisherman's village called Comogli I think. They had a really cool beach and a really cool marina. I explored for a bit and found a watch tower with a few cannons dating back to the 1500's. That was neat. Then we got on a boat and went to this monk village in San Fruttuoso. That was neat too. There was a watch tower for pirates and in the monk church there were monk tombs dating back to the 1200's. After that we got back on the boat and went to Portofino and I walked a lot along this old path up to this old light house and you could see the whole ocean and up the coast and all of Portofino. that was awesome. After that we got back on our boat went to a town to meet our bus and went to this town where I guess pesto was created. We had dinner of a pesto pasta dish followed by a veal and potatoes dish followed by this really good desert. Next day we went to the Cinque Terre and walked around in each town for a bit and walked to the last 2. I walked down Via De'l Amore back to the train that took us to our bus and went back to Firenze. Does anyone know how to add multiple pictures faster? It takes 5 minutes for 1 picture and says fail when I add more than 2. kilybye

No comments:

Post a Comment